Monday, May 5, 2008

Me no like blood

Everytime there's a blood donation going on, ppl would ask me whether I'm going to donate my blood or not.
My answer would be a straight no. Haha. How mean.....
But I have my reasons.


1. I'm afraid of blood! When I see blood, I'll feel very uncomfortable and "certain" images will just run through my mind.
Sigh...I just can't bear the thought of blood oozing out of my body.

2. I don't like needles either!! =(
Hate Hate Hate
Why do u think I chose pharmacy instead of medicine huh?

3. And the most valid reason, I'm underweight. (DUH...Yes, I know)


But a few days ago, I had to go for a general check-up and that includes a blood test!

*faints*

Ok fine. Maybe it won't be that bad.

I wasn't really fretting out at first, but when da nurse took out the needle from the drawer, I was like...

OH NO................... =(

I hate this.

*Dr injects my poor little arm*

*Looks away*

.....

Eh? That wasn't too painful!

So, I gathered up my courage to look at what he was doing...

And OMG...I didn't know a blood test needs SO MUCH blood!!
4 tubes ok!!

Yeah I know I damn jakun la...But I never took a blood test before ma...LOL

I can't stop looking at the four tubes of my thick maroon-ish blood.
Should have taken a pic of it..Haha!

When it was all done, my mum and the Dr were talking for a bit, when I suddenly felt a lil dizzy...
Then, my vision became a lil blurred.
I thought it was nothing.

*Close eyes*

.....It's ok...it'll be alright....

*Open eyes*

OMG!! It's even worst!!

Then, I remembered, shit...I'm underweight!!

My mind started screaming,

"I'm going to faint!! AHHH!"

Somehow I managed to walked to the bed and lie down.

It's a miracle I did not fall flat on my face.

That would be super duper embarassing man...
-_-"

Afterthat can go 1U shopping somemore!

So terrer.......

6 kehpohchi:

Stephers said...

Jac, it's normal to fear needles. I mean, no one likes 'em, except for drug addicts lah. I'm afraid too...but since I sell vaccines (wtf), I've learned to accept that getting injected normally brings more good than bad.

And now that I'm 45 kg, I've started to donate blood too. And I feel great cos my blood is so freakin' rare and it can save many lives!!

Basically, what I'm trying to say is: You can overcome your fear of needles. Just look away if you have to, but don't avoid certain things just cos you're afraid.

I know you can do it!! :)

*Jac* said...

Haha! That was one encouraging comment! Thanks steph..
But I know I'll get used to it once I start working in a government hospital...

hotmoomoo said...

did u wear a blue, off-shoulder dress with black sash... black heels n a black polka dots bag... to one u?

i saw someone who look like u from the back at perlini's silver.

*Jac* said...

yup! it is me!
LOL
didnt come say hi ;P

pogzwogz said...

kena con edi... a "general check up" is just a physical examination n doesnt include a blood test... i didnt do one b4 coming here leh hohohahahuhu!

*Jac* said...

Haha I know it's not included...but I wanted to do it, "just in case" I found sth...
LOL